3-Month-Old Infant Dies After Vaccination

Story Highlights
  • The body has been sent for postmortem to ascertain the cause of death
  • She was declared dead when she didn't responded after the vaccination
  • An investigation is being carried out

Raipur: A three-month infant girl died an hour after she was administered the polio vaccine dose in Mahasamund district. An investigation is being carried out after parents and other relatives claimed that the death was caused either due to overdose or negligence of doctors.

State health department Spokesperson Dr. Subhash Mishra confirmed that the three-month-old girl was given polio vaccine after which the parents waited for half an hour and took her home. As the infant did not respond, the parents brought her to the hospital, where the doctors declared her dead.

The body has been sent for postmortem to ascertain the cause of death. According to the information, Khagesh Chakradhari, a resident of Jagadalla took his three-month-old infant girl to the nearby village Anganbadi center of Bhurkoni. The rural health coordinator vaccinated the child with the Polio vaccine, Polio drop, Pentavalent Vaccine, and Neomonical Vaccine.

Later after moving home when the baby did not respond the parents took her to the primary health center, but no treatment was done there instead referred to the community health center of Pithora where she was declared dead.

Related Articles

Back to top button