- This time, the incident occurred in the Jashpur district
- FRO Ashok Singh said a herd of 4 elephants was roaming when 1 of them was electrocuted
- This is 3rd such incident in a month
Jashpur, Chhattisgarh: The death of elephants in Chhattisgarh due to electrocution doesn’t seem to stop. Now once again a male elephant lost his life in Jashpur on Tuesday night after being electrocuted. This is the third incident in a month. At present, on getting the information, the Forest Department team has reached the spot. The case pertains to Jashpur Forest Circle.
According to information, a herd of four elephants was roaming in Kurdeg of Bagicha forest range on Tuesday night. In the village, a farmer had kept the current flowing by using electric wires to irrigate his fields. During this, a male elephant died after coming in contact with the wire. The next morning, when the villagers saw the dead body of the elephant, they informed the forest department.
The land owner Palo Sai told that he hired Ravi Nagvanshi to do farming. Ravi Nagvanshi had installed an electric motor for irrigation in the field. Due to this, the elephant died after getting electrocuted. The forest department team is probing the death of the elephant. Veterinarians have been called on the spot. A postmortem will be done there.
In fact, these days 65 elephants are roaming in different groups in more than 20 villages of Bagicha, Pandrapath, Tapkara, and Pathalgaon areas. The difficulties of the people have increased in the cold due to the elephant team reaching the Path area of Pandrapath area. Although the Forest Department is alerting the people, instances like this keep happening in the state frequently.