Chhattisgarh Halts Railway Services as Threats from Cyclone ‘YAAS’ Forecasted
- IMD alerts Chhattisgarh of Cyclone "YAAS"
- State Railways services paused
- Nine trains rescheduled
Raipur: The railways turned alert on the East Coast Railway warning of cyclone “YAAS” in Odisha and Bay of Bengal. In view of catastrophe administration and safety, some trains associated with East Coast Railway have been cancelled.
The IMD raised a high alert to the states of West Bengal and Odisha regarding the development of a low-pressure area that will transform into a depression over the east-central Bay of Bengal by tomorrow morning and is likely to move north-north-westwards intensifying to a storm.
The following are the trains that have been rescheduled:
- 02037 Puri Ajmer will be postponed from Puri on 24th May.
- 02145 LTT-Puri will be cancelled from LTT (Lokmanya Tilak Terminal) on 23rd May.
- 02844 Ahmedabad-Puri will be cancelled from Ahmedabad on 23rd and 24th May.
- 02146 Puri-LTT will be postponed on 25th May.
- 02828 Surat-Puri will be cancelled on 25th May.
- 02843 Puri Ahmedabad will be cancelled on 25th and 27th May.
- 02038 Ajmer Puri will be halted from Ajmer on 25th May.
- 02093 Puri Jodhpur will be completely cancelled on 26th May.
- 08405 Puri Ahmedabad will be halted on 26th May.