- From May 1, people aged above 18 will receive covid vaccine doses
- Chhattisgarh Govt to provide free vaccines to its citizens
- Baghel urged the PM to keep the cost of the vaccine the same between states and centre
Raipur: In his letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel wrote that the state has decided to make available the vaccines to people aged adobe 18 free of cost from May 1. He suggested that it is a large-scale vaccination procedure and there are only 9 days left for May 1 to come.
In his letter, he pointed out 4 important things that he wants to know from the PM
- The number of vaccines to be provided to the state by the centre
- The approximate number of vaccines to be provided by serum institute and Bharat biotech to the state
- The cost of the vaccine provided by serum institute and Bharat biotech to centre and the state
- It is requested that the cost of the vaccine remain the same for the state and the centre because both the governments get income through tax from their citizens
CM Baghel has requested the PM to provide this information as soon as possible so that the vaccine rollout program can be planned by the state well ahead of time. As the vaccination drive of May 1 is going to be huge, proper planning is required for the state government to make it a successful one.