Corona Global Update: World witnesses a recovery rate of 33% & death rate of 7% ; a second wave of epidemic expected
- More than 3.7 million cases of the novel coronavirus, including at least 258,000 deaths were recorded worldwide
- COVID-19 cases in India near 50,000, nearly 3,000 new cases for 2nd day
WORLD: With more than 50,000 new cases, the tally of patients tested positive for COVID-19 is approaching 3.7 million people worldwide. To be exact, there are 3,727,000 patients found infected with deadly Coronavirus out of which 2,258,343 cases are currently active.
On Tuesday, 3,474 new deaths were reported taking the death toll to 255,715. There are 1,224,480 patients who have recovered from the disease. According to the latest global data, the recovery rate is about 33% while the death rate is approximately 7%. Around 60% of the total infected patients constitute the active cases.
With the highest number of cases and total deaths in the United States, the Covid-19 pandemic has hit the nation poorly. There were 11,735 new cases and 1,227 fatalities reported in the US in the last 24 hours. The coronavirus cases from the US are 33% of the total Covid-19 cases all over the world.
Coronavirus has caused 29,427 deaths in the United Kingdom, the highest in Europe. Reporting
693 new fatalities & 4,406 new cases in the last 24 hours, UK has become the epicenter of COVID-19 in the continent at present.
Italy recorded 236 deaths & 1,075 new cases
on Tuesday taking the death toll to 29,315. It has reported the third highest number of total deaths in the world till date.
A recent study by the Imperial College of London, predicting a resurgence of the epidemic in
Italy with an increase in mobility in the country stated, “A second wave with 23,000 extra deaths in just 8 weeks could be possible in a scenario with a 40% increase in mobility. Returns to the pre-lockdown mobility of 20% or 40% from current levels may lead to a faster spread of infection with more deaths than the current wave in the absence of additional interventions.”
According to the latest data, Spain, Canada & Mexico have reported a great rise in the number of new cases & deaths. With the second highest number of cases in the world Spain constitutes approximately 6.78% of the total cases. Forming 5.77% of the total cases, Italy stands at third.
Since last week a huge number of new cases were being reported from Russia. On Tuesday, Russia saw a surge in the deaths reported from the country. The new cases in the country continue to rise in huge numbers. 10,102 new cases & 95 fatalities were recorded in the country in the last 24 hours.
Important highlights from the latest world data of coronavirus cases from different countries:
- 11,735 new cases and 1,227 new deaths in the United States.
- 4,406 new cases and 693 new deaths in the United Kingdom.
- 1,075 new cases and 236 new deaths in Italy.
- 2,260 new cases and 185 new deaths in Spain.
- 1,187 new cases and 182 new deaths in Canada.
- 1,434 new cases and 117 new deaths in Mexico.
- 10,102 new cases and 95 new deaths in Russia.
- 242 new cases and 92 new deaths in Belgium.
- 1,323 new cases and 86 new deaths in the Netherlands.
- 495 new cases and 85 new deaths in Sweden.
- 3017 new cases and 126 new deaths in India.
- 1,832 new cases and 59 new deaths in Turkey.
- 1,595 new cases and 9 new deaths in Saudi Arabia.
- 1,373 new cases and 5 new deaths in Chile.
A positive update comes from New Zealand. The total number of cases has decreased by one after a probable case was reclassified. It was also the second day in a row that the country has reported no new cases.