Corona Update: Lockdown extends in the Chhattisgarh’s Capital by a week; issues new guidelines
Raipur: In an attempt to stem the massive surge in cases of coronavirus, the Chhattisgarh government has decided to extend the lockdown in the Raipur district with effect till 26th April. The administration has declared the Raipur district as a containment zone and restricted several activities till 6 am 26 April.
Raipur lockdown: Details of the order
- Shops selling liquor and commercial establishments will remain closed.
- Central government, state government, semi-government, as well as private offices and banks will remain closed.
- Political, social and religious programmes and public meetings have been banned till April 26.
- Religious, cultural and tourism spots have been ordered to remain shut.
- Government vehicles engaged in official work, ATM cash vans, autorickshaws and taxis operating for railway stations, airport and inter-state bus stands, ambulances and privates vehicles on a medical emergency, vehicles possessing e-pass, exams aspirants possessing admit cards, media persons and newspaper hawkers have been allowed to take fuel from the petrol pumps, as per the order.
- The veterinary hospital will be allowed to open within their stipulated time from 6 am to 8 am then 5 pm and 6:30 pm
- Milk and newspapers can be delivered from 6 am to 8 am and between 5 pm and 6:30 pm
- LPG cylinders permitted for online bookings and home deliveries
- Hospitals and ATMs allowed to operate
- No restriction for people going out for COVID vaccination
- Only street vendors will be allowed sale of fruits, vegetables, eggs and groceries (rice, lentils, flour, edible oil and salt) in street and colonies from 8 am to 2 pm