DELHI: India entered the third phase of lockdown on Monday with certain relaxations across the country. However, an ease to the restrictions imposed seems to accelerate the rate of transmission of the coronavirus in the country.
The total confirmed Covid-19 cases in India have reached the count of 46,433 with 3900 new cases reported on Monday. There are 32,138 active patients in the country. The death toll has been growing too. At present, the tally of deaths stands at 1568 with 195 fatalities, the highest deaths recorded in 24 hours.
With no significant improvement and surge in cases, Maharashtra has 14,541 confirmed cases and 583 deaths. 1,567 new cases were detected on Monday. Gujarat has reported 376 new cases while Delhi 349 new cases, the highest recorded in one day in both the states. The total number of cases in Gujarat & Delhi has reached the count of 5804 & 4898 respectively.
Reporting the second highest number of new cases in the country after Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu detected 527 new cases on Monday making it cross the total number of cases of Rajasthan & M.P. Rajasthan follows Tamil Nadu in the list with 175 new cases, 3061 total cases and 77 deaths.
West Bengal with 133 deaths in the state stands right at fourth place after M.P. However, the number of cases are comparatively less than MP, which implies a higher death rate in Bengal. With the rising number of cases,the state needs to gear up to fight against this virus more seriously.
Punjab with 131 & Uttar Pradesh with 121 new cases too pose a huge problem for the country. Sikh pilgrims from Maharashtra in Punjab could be one possible reason for this sudden rise in the state. However, relaxation amid the third phase could also be the reason for both the states.
Chhattisgarh too reported one new positive case on Monday taking its total confirmed cases to 58. With no deaths reported yet & 36 patients cured till now, shows that the health system of the state is quite strong.
The north eastern state Tripura has 29 cases with 13 cases reported yesterday. However, other north eastern states & UTs have comparatively performed well till now. Kerala has reported no new case and with 462 recovered patients presents a great recovery rate in the state.
Here is the latest data from worst hit to least affected State/UTs :
- Maharashtra- Total cases: 14,541 ; Total cured: 2645; Total fatalities: 583
- Gujarat– Total cases: 5804 ; Total cured: 1195 ; Total fatalities: 319
- Delhi– Total cases: 4898; Total cured:1431; Total fatalities: 64
- Tamil Nadu- Total cases: 3550; Total cured: 1409; Total fatalities: 31
- Rajasthan– Total cases: 3061; Total cured: 1394; Total fatalities: 77
- Madhya Pradesh– Total cases: 2942; Total cured: 798; Total fatalities: 165
- Uttar Pradesh– Total cases: 2766; Total cured: 802; Total fatalities: 50
- Andhra Pradesh- Total cases: 1650; Total cured: 524; Total fatalities: 36
- West Bengal- Total cases: 1259; Total cured: 218; Total fatalities: 133
- Punjab- Total cases: 1233; Total cured: 121; Total fatalities: 23
- Telangana– Total cases: 1085; Total cured: 585; Total fatalities: 29
- Jammu & Kashmir- Total cases: 726; Total cured: 303; Total fatalities: 8
- Karnataka- Total cases: 651; Total cured: 321; Total fatalities: 27
- Bihar- Total cases: 528; Total cured:130; Total fatalities: 4
- Haryana- Total cases: 517; Total cured: 254; Total fatalities: 6
- Kerala- Total cases: 500; Total cured: 462; Total fatalities: 4
- Odisha- Total cases: 169; Total cured: 60; Total fatalities: 1
- Jharkhand- Total cases: 115; Total cured:27; Total fatalities: 3
- Chandigarh- Total cases: 102 Total cured: 21; Total fatalities: 1
- Uttarakhand- Total cases: 60; Total cured: 39; Total fatalities: 1
- Chhattisgarh- Total cases: 58, Total cured: 36; Total fatalities: 0
- Assam- Total cases: 43; Total cured: 32; Total fatalities: 1
- Himachal Pradesh- Total cases: 41; Total cured: 34; Total fatalities: 1
- Ladakh-Total cases: 41; Total cured: 17; Total fatalities: 0
- Andaman and Nicobar- Total cases: 33; Total cured: 31; Total fatalities: 0
- Tripura- Total cases: 29, Total cured: 2; Total fatalities: 0
- Meghalaya- Total cases: 12; Total cured: 0; Total fatalities: 1
- Puducherry- Total cases:8; Total cured: 5; Total fatalities: 0
- Goa- Total cases:7; Total cured: 7; Total fatalities: 0
- Manipur- Total cases: 2; Total cured: 2; Total fatalities: 0
- Arunachal Pradesh- Total cases: 1; Total cured: 1; Total fatalities: 0
- Mizoram- Total cases:1, Total cured: 0; Total fatalities: 0
- Sikkim- Total cases: 0, Total cured: 0; Total fatalities: 0