New Delhi: India witnessed the highest ever spike in the cases on Friday morning bulletin, over 96500 new cases emerged from all across the nation. No other country has ever recorded this in a single day. The condition of the country is worrisome with the rapid increase in the cases.
India registered a record 96,551 coronavirus cases in 24 hours taking the total number of infections to over 45.62 lakh, government data showed today. The country also recorded the highest deaths in a day with 1,2019 fatalities, taking the overall toll to 76,271.
However, India’s Covid-19 recovery rate improves to 77.65% as on September 11. Steady improvement in recovery rate since lockdown initiation on March 25. So far, 35,42,663 people have been recovered from the virus.
According to the ICMR data, 11,63,542 covid tests were conducted on Thursday which takes the overall tests in India to 5,40,97,975.
Some Highlights from all the states:
– Maharashtra recorded the highest number of single day cases with 23,446 on Thursday.
– Of the 1.2k deaths, about 500 from Maharashtra alone
– Maharashtra likely to cross 1 million total cases, Recovery rate in Maharashtra crosses 70%.
– Active cases in Karnataka cross the 1 lakh mark
– Punjab now has the highest mortality rate in India at 3%, compared to 2.9% in Gujarat and Maharashtra
– Delhi reports a high of 4.3k new cases. Active cases in Delhi cross 25k.
Meanwhile, The health ministry said on Friday that even as there has been been an unprecedented rise in Covid-19 cases, there has been a 100 per cent surge in recovered patients in the last 29 days. “There has been an unprecedented surge in Covid-19 recoveries in India. There is a more than 100% increase in patients recovered and discharged in the past 29 days,”
The worldwide number of confirmed Covid-19 cases has surpassed 28 million, Johns Hopkins University says.The exact number of the coronavirus cases stood at 28,047,828 as of 01:00 GMT on Friday. More than 907,000 people have died of the disease, the university added.