Coronavirus: Week-long lockdown in Chhattisgarh’s Raipur from tomorrow; All you need to know
- 7-day lockdown will come into effect from July 22 in municipal limits of Chhattisgarh’s capital Raipur and Birgaon
- During the lockdown, which will end on July 28 midnight, several activities will be prohibited
Raipur: Chhattisgarh’s Capital on Monday reported a surge of 66 COVID-19 cases, taking the district’s total case tally to 1,252 , ahead of a week-long lockdown starting tomorrow i.e. 22nd July.
The district administration has announced a 7-day Lockdown in the capital city of Chhattisgarh as well as Birgaon municipal corporation from July 22.
The entire area under Raipur Municipal Corporation (RMC) and Birgaon Municipal Corporation(BMC) in Raipur district have been declared as containment zones, collector S Bharti Dasan said in an order.
In the order, He also said that thus far, a total of 200 containment zones have been identified in Raipur and Birgaon municipal corporation areas, of which, 165 are still active. Despite this, he added, the number of cases are rising steadily in these 2 urban areas.
All activities, congregations and movement of people and goods and passenger vehicles have been prohibited barring some exceptions.
Essential services, however, will be exempted during this Lockdown. However, government, semi-government and private offices will remain shut during this period.
Here’s what allowed:
- Essential services like selling of vegetable, fruits,eggs, mutton, chicken,fish will be allowed from 6 am to 10 am during this 7 day period. Home delivery of all essential products will be allowed till 9:30 am.
- People of emergency medical duty will be allowed to move. Similarly, private vehicles engaged in essential services or transportation of essential items will be allowed to operate.
- Certain relaxations have been allowed for factories, construction works and labor works in both containment zones.
- Factories/manufacturing unit based in these prohibited zones will be relaxed from the confining order.
- Movement of commercial vehicles in these zones will be allowed during night hours only.
Here’s what prohibited:
- All non-essential shops, commercial establishments, workshops and weekly markets will remain closed.
- Morning/ Evening walks and cycling will not be allowed
- All religious, cultural and tourism spots will remain prohibited and banks will function at minimum strength.
- Liquor shops and take-away-wine shops will remain closed from 22 July 12 am onwards, till 28 July 5 am.
- No public transport, including buses, taxis, and auto-rickshaws, will operate.
- All government, semi-government and private offices will remain closed.