- FORDA to observe "Black Day" in the agitation of Yoga Guru's remarks on allopathy
- Demanded action under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897
- IMA, DAJ, and Bihar Association present solidarity with FORDA
India: Perturbed by Ramdev’s remarks on allopathy, members of the Federation of Resident Doctors Association (FORDA)said that unless Ramdev issues an unconditional open public apology, action against him under the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, should be taken.
On Saturday, the FORDA informed that it will hold a nationwide black day protest on June 1 without hampering the patient care to voice their protest against the statement of the Yoga Guru against COVID warriors and modern medicine. The Doctors Association Jammu (DAJ) and Bihar Junior Doctors Association expressed solidarity with FORDA and said they will also join the protest. In an appeal to Jammu and Kashmir lieutenant governor Manoj Sinha, the DAJ said necessary action should be taken against Ramdev for his “irresponsible and despicable public statements”.
The IMA also strongly objected to Ramdev’s remarks and demanded the Union Health Minister to initiate action against him. It urged the union minister to either accept the accusations and “dissolve the modern medicine facility” or book him under the Epidemic Diseases Act.
The controversy initiated with Yoga Guru calling allopathy “a stupid and failed science”, the video of which circulated on social media aroused agitation amongst the frontline workers of the nation.
- Join our WhatsApp group to read more news
- To read Madhya Pradesh Exclusive news, Click here
- Click here to read Uttar Pradesh Exclusive news