Fire Breaks Out at Hotel in Indore, 4 Hospitalized

INDORE: A ghastly fire broke out at a multistorey hotel located at Mumbai bypass under Rau police station limits in Madhya Pradesh’s Indore district on Wednesday morning. No casualties were reported and all 25 people including guests and staff were safely rescued.

Three fire tenders and five water tankers along with police personnel immediately rushed to the spot on receiving information about the fire. Four are said to be hospitalized due to suffocation from smoke. Videos of the incident showing people running for life has gone viral on the internet.

Fire Brigade Superintendent of Police (SP) R S Nigwal told reporters, “The fire broke out from the ground floor to the second floor of the hotel. During this, around eight people suffered suffocation due to smoke, out of which four people were sent to the hospital.” He added that ropes and ladders were used to rescue people. Besides, gas cylinders in the hotel were swiftly removed, he went onto say revealing that the hotel did not have a proper fire extinguishing system.

Related Articles

Back to top button