Fire Burns Million Of Pipes In Rewa Godown

Story Highlights
  • Fire broke out in sewar godown laying the sewer line in the Municipal Corporation.
  • The exact cause of the fire has not been revealed.
  • The management had a loss of Rs 50 lakh.

Rewa: A fire broke out on Friday afternoon in Godown of a company laying sewer line in the Municipal Corporation located in Ajgarha village under University police station of Rewa district. According to police sources, the fire broke out in the pipes causing panic in the village. The villagers informed the police and fire brigade. However, the fire brigade reached the spot before the flames spread everywhere. As a result, the fire was brought under control in one and a half hours. It is claimed that there was no responsible officer in the company’s godown.

As per sources, the exact reason behind the fire has not been revealed. At present, the top police officers are talking about the company’s responsibilities. Police station in-charge Inspector JP Patel said that due to unknown reasons, a fire broke out in Godown of a private company at around 1 pm on Friday. Let us inform you that till last month the company was doing sewerage pipeline work in Rewa Municipal Corporation area. But the company was blacklisted due to the passage of time.

The police officials said that some watchmen were having food inside the tin shed at the time of arson who has expressed complete ignorance about the accident. While the pipes were kept in the open area on the side of the road. Due to the power line coming out from above, there are speculations that the fire may have started due to a short circuit or someone throwing a lit cigarette out there.

Related Articles

Back to top button