“Fire, loan & disease if remain even in small traces, will grow again”, said PM in Mann ki Baat
DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, addressed the nation through Mann ki BAAT on Sunday at 11 am. In his addressal, he congratulated Indians and said India’s fight against coronavirus was people-driven as the whole nation has joined hands with the administration to battle the pandemic.
The important highlights from PM Modi’s Mann ki Baat are as follows:
- He said, “People of our country are fighting this war with the administration. We are also fighting against poverty. I am proud that all of us are part of it. All of us are soldiers in this fight”.
- He also talked about his “Thaali & Diya” Initiative as people-driven & the one that has kept the nation’s spirits high.
- He appreciated the continuous efforts of our farmers in their fields to ensure that no one goes hungry. Also, people in their respective areas making possible efforts to help people is commendable. “There are people who are giving up rents and there are people who are giving up their pension. I bow and respect the 130cr people of this country for what they are doing during this time.”, said PM Modi.
- He complimented how every sector has been innovating during this period. The efforts of people from aviation or railways, made it easier to cope up with the crisis. They are working hard to deliver medicines and other essentials to all parts of the country.
- People around the world are falling back to Ayurveda and Yoga to fight Covid-19. We need to be more confident about our old teachings.
- He also emphasized the importance of wearing masks in our daily lives to fight against the virus.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stated that this pandemic has changed our style of celebrating festivals. Christians celebrated Easter in their homes. It is steps like these that will help us fight COVID-19 effectively.”
- He wished people on Akshaya Tritiya and told how these festivals taught us a lesson of giving wholeheartedly, no matter what amount it is.
- He further added that the month of Ramzan has begun. Last time, during Ramzan, we had never imagined that something like this would happen. He requested people to be more resilient and reserved during this Ramzan so that we can celebrate Eid when it comes.
- Ending his speech, PM Modi warned against negligence and focussed on more vigilance from citizens and encouraged people to maintain social distancing.
“We should not be overconfident. We should not presume that COVID-19 will not enter our homes, offices and colonies. We have to stay vigilant. We should ensure that we are never negligent. I appeal to you again. ‘Do gaj doori, bahut hai Zaroori, (Two meter distance is of utmost importance)”.
In the 63rd episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat’, PM Modi focused on the situation in the country due to Covid-19. The Prime Minister had on March 24 announced a 21-day nationwide lockdown as a precautionary measure to arrest the spread of the pandemic. The lockdown was later extended till May 3.