Goods Worth Crores Gutted In Bhilai Factory
- The incident was reported late at 2 AM.
- A total of 13 firefighters from four fire engines were involved in dousing the fire.
- Short circuit is believed to be the cause of the fire.
Raipur: A massive fire broke out in a major manufacturing unit in the industrial city of Bhilai in Chhattisgarh, late on Wednesday night. The incident was reported late at 2 AM after which the fire tenders were called.
It took almost four hours to douse the flames with the help of four fire engines. Police said the goods worth crores were gutted and the exact damages caused due to the fire is being assessed.
The fire engulfed the building very fast on the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday after efforts of employees to control the fire failed. After receiving the information, the police team of Chawani and Jamul also reached the spot.
Short circuit is believed to be the cause of the fire. According to the firefighters F. Praveen Bara and Nagesh Markandey, the fire spread tothe entire building.
A total of 13 firefighters from four fire engines were involved in dousing the fire. Around 20-22 water vehicles were used. The flames were so high that they were visible from far. A case has been registered and taken up for investigation.