- Counting began in both states by 8 am
- BJP leading in Gujarat in early trends
- Close fight between Congress-BJP in Himachal
Gujarat and Himachal: The counting of votes is going on for the elections held on 182 assembly seats in Gujarat. While the BJP has gone ahead of the majority in the initial trends, the condition of the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party is not impressive. Compared to 2017, this time there was less voting in both phases. In the first phase, 60.20 percent of people had cast their votes, while in the second phase held on December 5, about 64.39 percent of people exercised their votes, the result of which is going to be out today.
On the other hand, the initial trends for all 68 seats in Himachal Pradesh are out. According to this, there is a close fight between BJP and Congress. Both are currently leading in 32-32 seats. Independent candidates are ahead in four seats. Any party will need at least 35 seats to form the government here. In such a situation, the importance of independent MLAs will be very important this time. In whose favor the independent MLAs go, has significance in forming the government. A total of 412 candidates were in the fray in the assembly elections.
Important updates from Gujarat counting:
- In the initial trends, the BJP is now leading in 145 seats, which means it has crossed the majority mark. While Congress is leading in 24 seats. Whereas AAP is leading in 9 seats.
- Ravindra Jadeja’s wife Rivaba Jadeja has overtaken the trends
- BJP’s Kantilal Shivlal Amritiya, who saved lives in the bridge accident in Morbi, has gone ahead
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel is leading from Ghatlodia seat.
- Aam Aadmi Party’s chief ministerial candidate Ishudan Gadhvi is leading
Important updates from Himachal counting:
- In Himachal Pradesh, the initial trends show a close fight between the BJP and Congress. The contest between BJP and Congress is going on evenly. BJP got 32 and Congress also got 33 seats. Others got 3 seats.
- Congress’s Sanjay Awasthi is leading in Solan Arki.
- Congress ahead in Sujanpur of Hamirpur
- BJP candidate Sanjay Guleria is ahead in the first round on the Jawali assembly seat of district Kangra.
- Congress ahead from Doon assembly
- In the second round in Shimla rural seat, Congress- Vikramaditya Singh 4914, BJP- Ravi Mehta 3012
- From Hamirpur independent candidate Ashish is leading by 1473 votes
These were some important updates from both states’ assembly elections counting results. More to follow as the counting continues…