Hanuman Jayanthi Violence not Pre-Planned-Probing Officer
- 5 accused out of 24 charged under NSA Act.
- Attempt to spark communalism, not planned- says top police officer.
- Hanuman Jayanthi processions held without prior route permission.
New Delhi: Probing the violence that took place on Saturday on the occasion of the Hanuman Jayanti, a top police officer said that the attack was not intentional. “So far, the probe does not suggest this (that it was planned). As of now, it looks like it was all impromptu but now the investigation is being done by the Crime Branch,” Depender Pathak, Special Commissioner of Delhi Police (Law and Order) Northern Range.”
As per the preliminary investigation, it is being learned that the Hanuman Jayanthi procession did not have permission to take a route alongside a mosque. The ‘ shobayatra’ was passing by the mosque, with religious music blaring around the same time as the azaan was called. Which lead to a verbal spat and physical attack in some time.
Meanwhile, out of the 24 arrested on Saturday, 5 have been charged under the National Security Act, senior officials in the know said. Under this act, the accused can be held for up to a year without any charge. Prime accused Ansar along with Salim, Ahir, Sonu and Dilshad among others.