New Delhi: The Chinese foreign ministry announced on Tuesday that China and India agreed to take necessary steps to “cool down” the situation at the Galwan Valley border at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh.
The commander of the 14 Corps Lt Gen Harinder Singh, on Monday held a nearly 11-hour meeting with Commander of the Tibet Military District Maj Gen Liu Lin to lower the tension between the two countries.
During the meeting, both the countries wished to control and alleviate the situation through dialogues and consultation, foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told reporters.
“Both the countries exchanged views on the outstanding issues and agreed to necessary measures to ‘cool down’ the situation”, the foreign ministry spokesman added.
Both China and China agreed to continue with the dialogues and to work jointly for the peace and tranquillity of the border areas, he further said.
Responding to a question on the Chinese casualties during the violent face-off with the Indian Army in eastern Ladakh last week, the Chinese foreign ministry spokesman said that China and India are in dialogue and talks with each other to resolve this issue through diplomatic and military channels.
The Chinse foreign ministry spokesman termed the media news related to casualties on the Chinese amounted to 40. He said, I can tell you for sure this is fake news.
Last week, at least 20 Indian Army personnel, including a Colonel, were killed in violent clashes during the de-escalation process in the Galwan valley at the Line of Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh.