Bounty on Khargone Riot Accused Withdrawn
- Bounty notice on riot accused withdrawn.
- A bounty of Rs 10,000 was announced on 106 absconding accused.
- List erroneous- say Khargone district PRO Pushpendra Waskale explaining reasons to withdraw.
Madhya Pradesh: The Khargone police on Wednesday had announced a bounty of Rs 10,000 on the 106 absconding men in connection with the riots that took place on the occasion of Ram Navmi. However, the order was later withdrawn.
Explaining the decision to withdraw the notice, Khargone district PRO Pushpendra Waskale said, “The list has been withdrawn as it was erroneous. A fresh list will be released later,” he said.
According to IPS officer Ankit Jaiswal, who is posted in Khargone, 63 cases have so far been lodged across Khargone district, out of which 57 have been registered in Khargone town. “So far 159 persons have been arrested based on video footage and eyewitness statements,” Jaiswal added the police have got a crucial lead in the April 10 killing of local municipality staff Ibarish Khan.
Two men identified as Waseem alias Mohsin and Irfan, have been booked for the attack on Khargone SP Siddharth Chaudhary, who sustained bullet and sword injuries. Chaudhary, his gunman and the vehicle driver were injured in the attack on April 10 evening.
The MP administration enacted the Bulldozer drive and demolished illegal buildings of miscreants involved in the attack on a Ram Navami procession. The authorities ran the bulldozer over about 45 houses and shops. Around 16 houses and 29 shops were demolished. On Mondy, CM Shivraj announced to allocate Rs 1 crore as a relief to those affected by the riots.