- Colleges and Universities to re-open from September 15.
- Classes to be conducted with 50 per cent attendance only.
- Submission of COVID-19 vaccination certificate mandated for all staff and students.
Madhya Pradesh: All Colleges and Universities in Madhya Pradesh have been permitted to resume their offline classes. As per the guidelines issued by the state Higher Education Department the institutions could resume functioning from 15 September. The students would be allowed to attend classes only at 50 per cent capacity, while the teaching and non-teaching staff of the colleges will be 100 per cent.
Higher Education Minister Dr Mohan Yadav made the announcement to permit the reopening of institutions. He also informed that the state administration had mandated the academic and non-academic staff and students of the college to submit their COVID-19 vaccination certificates in their respective colleges.
All colleges and universities have been instructed to conduct offline classes pertaining to the guideline given below
- All hostels and libraries have been permitted to accommodate students.
- Practical work can for the students be resumed keeping in mind social distancing.
- All institutions have been directed to take individual decisions on COVID-19 safety protocols to be levied on the premises depending on the infrastructure and space availability.
- All institutions will have to continue catering online classes as attendance for the offline classes has not been mandated.
- Since libraries have been permitted to operate, institutions to conduct regular thermal screening of students and staff and accommodate only 50 per cent capacity at a given time.
- Hostels would open in a phased pattern, where the final year graduation and post-graduation students would be allowed to occupy first.
- In case if an individual shows symptoms, the in-charge has been instructed to immediately shift them to an isolation facility in the hostel.
- A timetable pattern has to be instilled in the dining facilities of the hostel to avoid crowds.
- All students have to submit a duly signed parents consent and self-declaration form prior to their arrival at the hostel.