- The Modi govt has come under fire with youth protesting against the new military recruitment scheme
- Agnipath scheme provides for recruitment of youths in age bracket of 17-and-half to 21 yrs for 4 yrs
- The scheme has a provision to retain 25 per cent of Agniveers for 15 more years
Saddened by the violence around the Agnipath scheme, Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra on Monday announced to recruit “trained and capable” Agniveers. Taking to Twitter, Anand said he is saddened by the violence around the Agnipath program.
“Saddened by the violence around the Agneepath program. When the scheme was mooted last year I stated and I repeat-the discipline and skills Agniveers gain will make them eminently employable. The Mahindra Group welcomes the opportunity to recruit such trained, capable young people,” he said in a tweet.
A total of 46,000 Agniveers will be recruited this year but a top military officer. Meanwhile, the registration process for the first batch of Agniveers under the Centre’s new. Agnipath recruitment scheme will begin on June 24th and the online examination would be held on July 24th.
Several state governments like Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Arunachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Karnataka have announced to give Agniveers priority in state government jobs.
Protests have disrupted rail services in several parts of the country. A total of 491 train services have been affected throughout the country due to the ongoing agitation, informed railway officials on Sunday.