Manish Sisodia Requests CBI to Defer questioning in Delhi Liquor ‘Scam’
NEW DELHI: Manish Sisodia has requested the CBI to defer the questioning scheduled for Sunday in the liquor policy case. “I will visit the CBI office by the end of February, whenever they (CBI) will call me”, he said citing his engagements in the budget preparations.
Being the finance minister of Delhi, preparing the budget is very important, so I have requested to shift the date. I have always cooperated with these agencies,” Sisodia said interacting with reporters.
On Saturday, the Central Bureau of Investigation or CBI summoned Sisodia for questioning, nearly three months after filing a chargesheet in the Delhi excise policy case. Sisodia has not been named as an accused in the charge sheet filed in the case.
“CBI has summoned me again tomorrow. The central government has used the full power of CBI and ED against me – raided my house, searched my bank locker -but found nothing against me. I have made arrangements for the good education of Delhi’s children. They want to stop this. I have always cooperated with the investigation and will continue to do so,” he tweeted. Supporting his deputy, chief minister Arvind Kejriwal reiterated that there was no ‘liquor scam’ in Delhi and asserted that the case against the policy was created due to “political vendetta and conspiracy
Manish Sisodia though not being named in chargesheet undergoes the interogative hammer as he was the excise department chief during the existence of liqour policy 2021 which the LG VK Saxena claimed was curated to buttress associates grow bussiness.
CBI registered an FIR against 16 people in July last year and made Sisodia the number one accused. Raids were conducted at his residence and office in August and later at his village while his bank locker was also searched.