‘Minor Face-off’: Naku-La Clash in Sikkim with Chinese Troops Swiftly Resolved by the Indian Army
- Indian and Chinese soldiers clashed along the Line of Actual Control near Naku La pass in Sikkim last week
- According to government sources, four Indian troops were injured when a Chinese patrol was forced back
The Indian Army on Monday confirmed that a “minor face-off” occurred between the soldiers of India and China at Naku La in Sikkim on January 20 (Wednesday). The acknowledgment came after multiple media reports stated that a violent physical brawl had ensued following the People’s Liberation Army’s attempt to intrude into the Indian territory.
According to a report, the Army said in a statement, that the face-off was resolved swiftly.
“It is clarified that there was a minor face-off between Indian Army and Chinese PLA troops at Naku La, Sikkim on 20th January.
It came after reports which said that the violent clash took place last week following the PLA’s intrusion attempt, which was foiled by alert Indian troops. The incident took place thousands of kilometers away from the ongoing standoff along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh. It was reported that the Indian Army troops foiled the intrusion bid, triggering a physical clash in which soldiers from both sides were reportedly injured.
It was in Naku La last year in May that one of the two clashes between the two armies had taken place, apart from Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh, before the issue blew up into a full-scale border standoff that has not been resolved yet.
The Naku La clash came ahead of the ninth round of military talks between the two sides on Sunday, during which India insisted on complete disengagement of troops from all friction points in eastern Ladakh.