Monsoon to Hit Chhattisgarh by 15 June This Year, Reports IMD
- IMD issued a statement on the arrival of the monsoon
- Listed yellow alert areas in the state
- Delayed arrival of monsoon forecasted
Chhattisgarh: The India Meteorological Department on Wednesday upgraded its monsoon forecast and warned 10 districts of Chhattisgarh for heavy rains. It is expected to make an onset over the state by June 15, reported senior officials.
According to the Met department, moderate to heavy rain is likely to occur at a couple of places in Rajnandgaon, Kanker, Kondagaon, Bastar, Narayanpur, Dhamtari, Gariaband, Balod, Durg and Mahasamund districts of Chhattisgarh.
Meteorologist R K Baishya said,” considering the condition existing, the monsoon will hit the state by June 15 in certain parts of the state including Raipur.” The normal date for arrival for the monsoon over Chhattisgarh is June 10. This year IMD has predicted a delay for the rainy season.
Vande Bharat Mission 2.0: First Flight from Dubai to Land in Andhra Pradesh
- Join our WhatsApp group to read more news
- To read Madhya Pradesh Exclusive news, Click here
- Click here to read Uttar Pradesh Exclusive news