“No Casualty Among Tourists,” Says CM Dhami On Uttarakhand Rains

Story Highlights
  • No fatality among tourists been reported in Uttarakhand.
  • High-powered committee to be formed to monitor reconstruction of damage.
  • 26 persons injured, 224 homes damaged in the incident.

Dehradun: Pushkar Singh Dhami, the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, said on Monday that no fatality among tourists has been reported in the state during heavy rains over the past few days. Dhami said, “Due to our prompt actions, there has been no casualty among tourists in the state during rains. Our next step is to complete the reconstruction work as soon as possible and provide relief assistance to affected people.” He added, “As per SDRF’s standard, we have raised the aid from Rs 3,800 to Rs 5,000 for household goods that were damaged due to rains. We have also raised grants from Rs 95,000 to Rs 1.5 lakh each for damaged houses.”

He also stated that a high-powered committee will be formed to monitor the reconstruction of the disaster’s damage. The death toll in Uttarakhand from rain-related incidents has risen to 72, with four persons still missing, according to the Uttarakhand administration on Sunday. According to the study, 26 persons were injured between October 17 and October 19 as a result of the incident. In addition, 224 homes were damaged as a result of the disaster. The hilly state has seen flooded highways, landslides, and overflowing rivers as a result of the excessive rains, leaving people trapped in various locations.

Earlier on Friday, Pushkar Singh Dhami announced that he would contribute his salary towards Uttarakhand’s Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF). His contribution to the CMRF was announced in the wake of the natural calamity that struck the state recently.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close