- Today is the third day of the winter session of the Parliament
- Session to continue for 17 days
- Anurag Thakur announced to open 1000 Khelo India Centers in India
New Delhi: Today is the third day of the winter session of Parliament. Major important announcements were made by the MPs in the parliament. Apart from this, Union Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur announced to open 1000 Khelo India Centres in the country. He said that out of these, work has been started on 733 centres.
Some important highlights from today’s session include:
- Union Environment Minister Bhupendra Yadav said that the Wildlife Act has been passed in Parliament yesterday.
- Congress MP Manish Tiwari gave Adjournment Motion Notice in Lok Sabha. He sought a discussion on the issue of conflict with the judiciary following statements made by the Union Law Minister and others.
- BJP MP Harnath Singh Yadav has given Zero Hour notice for discussion on the implementation of the Uniform Civil Code in the country.
- RLD MP Jayant Singh has given Zero Hour notice in Rajya Sabha for non-compensation to the victims of the Lakhimpur-Kheri incident in Uttar Pradesh.
- Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhary said that instead of discussing the G20, the government should discuss the India-China issue in Parliament.
- Union Law Minister Kiren Rijiju has hit back at Congress MP Manish Tewari’s adjournment motion notice on the issue of conflict between the judiciary and the Centre.
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal said during the discussion in Rajya Sabha that the current government has focused on Make-in-India.
- Congress leader Jairam Ramesh has accused the central government of postponing the India-China issue.
- BJP member Kirori Lal Meena’s private bill- The Uniform Civil Code Bill in India, 2020 introduced in Rajya Sabha.
- Union Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur announced to open 1000 Khelo India Centers in the country. He said that out of these, work has been started on 733 centres. He said that this year 398 coaches have been appointed in 21 sports disciplines.
- Union Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda introduced the Constitution Scheduled Tribes Order Second, Third, Fourth, and Fifth Amendment Bill 2022 for Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Himachal Pradesh.
- The Central Government on Friday sought Parliament’s approval for an additional expenditure of Rs 3.25 lakh crore under the Supplementary Demands for Grants for the current financial year.
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal denied the possibility of a food crisis in India. He said that there is no shortage of food grains in the country and the government regularly monitors the situation.
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya told the Lok Sabha that the estimated number of cancer cases in the country in 2020 is 13,92,179 and is estimated to grow by 12.8 percent. He presented the data from the National Cancer Registry Program.
- Law Minister Kiren Rijiju told the Lok Sabha that there is no proposal to have an All India Judicial Service to select judges of lower courts due to differences among various stakeholders.
- Minister of State for Health Bharti Praveen Pawar told the Lok Sabha that there is no conclusive data available to establish a direct link between deaths or illness due to air pollution.
- Bihar Lok Janshakti Party (Ram Vilas) leader Chirag Paswan raised the issue of the alleged increase in crimes in Bihar, especially against Dalits.
- Union Minister of State Meenakshi Lekhi said in the Lok Sabha that all Indian citizens who wanted to return to India were evacuated from Ukraine. Around 22,500 Indian nationals, mostly students, have returned from Ukraine since February 1. Under Operation Ganga, 90 evacuation flights were conducted at the cost of the Government of India.
- Union Minister of State V Muraleedharan gave information about Indian prisoners lodged in foreign jails. The number of Indian prisoners abroad is more than 8000.
- MoS V Muraleedharan in the Lok Sabha said that India is engaged in a development partnership with its neighbor Afghanistan, which includes cooperation in power, water supply, road connectivity, healthcare, education, agriculture, and capacity building.
- A member of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) introduced a private member’s Bill in Rajya Sabha with a provision to constitute the National Judicial Commission.
- BJP MP Ravi Kishan introduced a non-governmental bill in the Lok Sabha with provisions to control population growth.
These were the important updates from the day 3 Parliament winter session. Both the houses of the Parliament have been adjourned till 11 am tomorrow.