PM appeals the nation to follow Ministry of AYUSH’s guidelines to boost Immunity; Read further to know the guidelines
Follow Ayurvedic Measures to boost immunity and prevent yourself from CoVid-19 : PM
- After Modi’s appeal, AYUSH ministry gets over 2,000 proposals to tackle Covid-19 pandemic
Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing the nation on Tuesday urged people to follow the preventive measures recommended by the Ministry of AYUSH and take care of their health. As a part of his 7 point appeal to the nation, he advised everyone to follow the guidelines laid down by the Ministry of AYUSH to help everyone boost their immunity to fight against the pandemic.
The mankind all over the world is facing the pandemic Covid-19 and it has created a sense of fear in the society. The immunity of our body plays a significant role in fighting against the virus.
We are aware of the fact that no vaccine for this virus has been discovered till date. So, prevention becomes the first and best cure to this disease. Also, keeping our immunity system strong becomes our utmost responsibility.
Ayurveda, the science of life & health places great emphasis on prevention and encourages maintenance of health through close attention to balance in one’s life, right thinking, diet, lifestyle and the use of natural products. It is mainly plant based medical science.
In Ayurveda, dincharya and ritucharya are the terms for the dietary and lifestyle regimens that are based on Earth’s seasons. The belief is that illness can be prevented if diet and lifestyle reflect the changes in weather conditions. By making simple changes in our daily life, we can boost our immunity and prevent ourselves from the disease.
Ministry of AYUSH has recommended the following self-care guidelines for preventive health measures and boost immunity with special reference to respiratory health. These are supported by Ayurvedic literature and scientific publications.
1.Drink warm water throughout the day.
2.Daily practice of Yogasana, Pranayama and meditation for at least 30 minutes as advised by Ministry of AYUSH (#YOGAatHome #StayHome #StaySafe)
3. Use of spices like Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander and Garlic is recommended in cooking.
Ayurvedic Immunity Boosting Measures
1. Take Chyavanprash 10gm (1tsp) in the morning. Diabetics should take sugar free Chyavanprash.
2. Drink herbal tea / decoction (Kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin) – once or twice a day. Add jaggery (natural sugar) and / or fresh lemon juice to your taste, if needed.
3. Golden Milk- Half tea spoon Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk once or twice a day.
Simple Ayurvedic Procedures
1. Nasal application – Apply sesame oil / coconut oil or Ghee in both the nostrils (Pratimarsh Nasya) in morning and evening.
2. Oil pulling therapy- Take 1 table spoon sesame or coconut oil in mouth. Do not drink, Swish in the mouth for 2 to 3 minutes and spit it off followed by
warm water rinse. This can be done once or twice a day.
During dry cough / sore throat
1. Steam inhalation with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain (Caraway seeds)
2. Lavang (Clove) powder mixed with natural sugar / honey can be taken 2-3 times a day in case of cough or throat irritation.
3. These measures generally treat normal dry cough and sore throat. However, it is best to consult doctors if these symptoms persist.
—- Anita Pandey