PM Modi inaugurates Asia’s largest solar power plant in Madhya Pradesh
- Prime Minister dedicated the 750-megawatt ultra mega solar power plant to the nation
- Apart from Rewa, work is underway on solar power plants in Shajapur, Neemuch and Chhatarpur : Narendra Modi
REWA: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday inaugurated Asia’s largest Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project virtually.
Prime Minister dedicated 750-megawatt ultra mega solar power plant set up at Rewa, Madhya Pradesh to the nation via video conferencing.
“Not just for the present, solar energy will be a medium of energy needs of the 21st century. Because solar energy is sure, pure and secure,” the Prime Minister said.
“Today, Rewa has really scripted history. Rewa is identified with the name of mother Narmada and the white tiger. Now, the name of Asia’s largest solar power project has also been added to it,” he added.
The government has announced that it will reduce emissions equal to approximately 15 lakh tonne of carbon dioxide every year.
“Keeping this expectation of the world and the humanity from India, we are engaged in connecting the whole world. The result of this thinking is ISA which is International Solar Alliance. This is the spirit behind one world, one sun, one grid,” he said.
Central financial assistance of Rs 138 crore has been provided to Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited (RUMSL) for the development of the park.
RUMSL, a joint venture of state-owned Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) and Madhya Pradesh Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd (MPUVNL), comprises three solar generating units of 250MW each located on a 500-hectare plot of land inside a solar park with a total area of 1500 hectare.
This project is the first renewable energy project to supply to an institutional customer outside the state, i.e. the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation. It will get 24% of energy from the project with the remaining 76% being supplied to the state discoms of Madhya Pradesh.
It also exemplifies India’s commitment to attaining the target of 175GW of installed renewable energy capacity by the year 2022, including 100GW of solar installed capacity, the government has sai* It also exemplifies India’s commitment to attaining the target of 175GW of installed renewable energy capacity by the year 2022, including 100GW of solar installed capacity, the government has said