Possibility of resumption of domestic flights soon : AAI; issues guidelines
- Resumption of Domestic flights in India may start soon, says Airport authority of India (AAI)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday indicated that Lockdown 4.0 will be further eased starting May 18
- "Do web check-in. Carry a print out of boarding card. Maintain 4 feet physical distance from co-passengers : guideline issued by AAI
NEW DELHI: As the third phase of lockdown as a preventive measure to contain Coronavirus comes to its end tomorrow, the Air Authority of India anticipates possible resumption of domestic flights after suspension of over 50 days. All flights were suspended by the government to ensure the safety against the transmission of COVID-19. However, on Friday, the Indian government has issued certains guidelines for the passengers in order to maintain social distance during their air travel.
The Indian airlines AII took to twitter handle to announce the news officially saying, “With the possibility of resumption of domestic flights soon, the AAI has released some steps that must be followed so passengers are fully geared up while travelling.”
The notice issued by the authority makes it mandatory to to follow the rules and guidelines mentioned while travelling through air.
Below follows the list of the guidelines to be adhered by all passengers :
- It is compulsory for all the passengers to download the Aarogya Setu.
- In order to avoid possible transmission of the COVID-19 virus through papers, passengers are requested to do a web-check in and carry a print out of their boarding pass before heading to the airport to catch a flight.
- Travellers must maintain a distance of four feet from co-passengers.
- Flyers have to wear a mask and other protective gear.
- Air travellers would be permitted to carry up to 350 ml of hand sanitiser on a flight.
- Passengers are suggested to wash or sanitise their hands frequently.
The guidelines were issued a day after Air India re-opened its bookings on Thursday. Through a tweet, AII said, “Reservation for travel from India to select destinations in USA, UK, Australia to Frankfurt, Paris Singapore Canada will commence from 1700 hrs on 14th May 2020.”
India has been under lockdown since March 25 to curb the coronavirus pandemic. However, with 3,970 new and 103 deaths in the last 24 hours, India’s Covid-19 case tally has reached 85,940. The death toll nationwide stands at 2,753. The rising number of coronavirus cases has taken India to the 11th spot among more than 180 nations that are dealing with the pandemic.