- Raipur will soon impose complete lockdown with strict measures from 9th April
- To undergo Total Lockdown from 9 April 6pm to 19 April 6 am
Raipur: In Chhattisgarh, Coronavirus has taken a formidable form. In the capital Raipur too, cases of coronavirus are constantly increasing. In the wake of the spreading of the virus, the government has taken a big decision. A lockdown will be imposed in the capital from Friday. The Collector will issue its order shortly.
Coronavirus has become uncontrollable in the capital of Chhattisgarh. In view of this, Complete lockdown has been imposed in Raipur for 10 days. Lockdown will remain from 9 April 6pm to 19 April 6 am. All the boundaries of the district will remain sealed. Collector S. Bharti Dasan has given this information through a press conference.
Collector S Bharti Dasan said in a press conference that the time has been fixed for the delivery of milk. Liquor shops, tourist places, government and private offices will remain closed. Except examinations approved by the government, other examinations will be postponed. COVID centres and other related work will continue.
“Those coming to Raipur will get admission through e-pass. Individuals will be exempted for Covid vaccination. A maximum of 3 people will be allowed in emergency, including four-wheelers, drivers in autos.” said S Bharti dasan.
What is allowed and what is not:
- Those coming to Raipur will get admission through e-pass.
- Individuals will be exempted for Covid Vaccination.
- A maximum of 3 people will be allowed in emergency, including four-wheelers, drivers in autos.
- Media workers will work from home. In case of additional critical situation, it will be mandatory to show ID card.
- Petrol pumps and medical services will continue to operate.
- Only those associated with the services identified in petrol pumps will get petrol
- Taxi services to the railway station and airport will remain operational.
- Vehicles will be seized for 15 days if they are misused
- All religious institutions will remain closed.
- Only milk, petrol pumps and medical services will be operated.
- The general public will not get vegetables. Grocery shops will also remain closed.
Chief minister’s cabinet held a meeting in view of rising COVID cases across the state. The heads of the five divisions and social representatives attended the virtual meet and put forth suggestions to balance the situation.
Nearly 9,921 cases are reported in Chhattisgarh in the last 24 hours, taking the tally to 3,86,269 since the outbreak. Raipur has reported 2,821 cases in a single day along with 26 deaths. The death toll rose to 4000 from 1000 after the capital of the state registered the above deaths.
Raipur district administration office reported around 30 employees positive towards the virus. Seven officers from the Assembly were also infected. The Assembly Secretariat will remain completely closed till April 11. Most of the office employees are advised home quarantine. The Raipur collector has directed immediate hospitalization for citizens aged above 55.
Baghel appealed to all social organizations to help the government to control the pandemic, he said,” active cooperation is still needed in the same way as the first wave.” He also asked for economic and physical support from private organizations to increase the number of beds with oxygen facilities in hospitals and provide food and other facilities to the needy in locked-down areas.
Home Minister Tamradhwaj Sahu, Health Minister T.S. Singh dev, Agriculture Minister Ravindra Choubey, Urban Administration Minister Dr Shiv Daharia, and several other administration heads were present.