Raipur: Shops to be close at 6pm; strictness will be increased in night curfew; Collector issues new SOPs
- Instructions issued to restaurants, shopping mall, offices, etc. regarding their functioning during the lockdown period
- Not abiding by the instructions shall invite capital punishment under the pandemic control act
Raipur: In the wake of a spike in corona in the past few weeks, several states in India have decided to impose a lockdown again. In Chhattisgarh, the scenario is no different. The capital of Chhattisgarh is worst affected of them all.
In Raipur, the district administration has announced the new SOPs, given the pace of the coronavirus infection in the capital. The order issued by Collector S. Bharatidasan will be effective from April 4.
Earlier, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel instructed all districts to form their own guidelines list to ensure the lockdown is followed well.
It includes some major instructions, some of which are mentioned below…
- Temporary and permanent stores, shopping malls, departmental stores, business organizations, and hawker stalls can operate from 6 AM to 6 PM
- Restaurants, hotels, bars, Dhaba, takeaway and deliveries of eateries will be functional from 6 AM to 8 PM
- Petrol pump and medical stores are free from the above timeline restrictions
- Weekly bazaar in city areas to remain closed until further notice
- Wine shops to close at 6 PM
- Cinema halls and multiplexes should be shut by 8 PM
- Gyms and swimming pools to remain closed until further notice
- All businesses and stores have to mandatorily put notice regarding the time of functioning and also instruct the customers to use masks, sanitizers and practice social distancing while they come for purchasing.
- Every store/organization have to keep sanitizer for their customers and if anyhow it falls under contentment zone then they have to shut it until further notice
If the above guidelines are not followed by the stores/organizations then they will be shut for 15 days straight. The SDM, city magistrate, SDOP, and other authorities of the area would have to look into the matter personally from time to time. If any person or organization is found to be violating these rules, they are entitled to punishment under the pandemic act.