- Delhi court extends Zubairs' interim bail plea.
- Bench instructs Delhi police to file response in 4 weeks.
- Zubair was granted interim relief last week.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday deferred the bail plea of Alt News co-founder Mohammed Zubair to July 14 in a case related to a 2018 tweet which allegedly hurt religious sentiments. The matter is listed for final hearing on September 7th.
Senior advocate Colin Gonsalves, appearing for Zubair, said that he had already been granted interim bail by the vacation bench of the Supreme Court a few days ago and they would also like to file their reply to the counter affidavit to be filed by the state government.
Additional Solicitor General SV Raju, appearing for the State government, said that it wants to file its reply to Zubair’s plea seeking quashing of the FIR lodged in the case.
In the meanwhile, the bench has asked the Uttar Pradesh government to file its response in four weeks.
Zubair was arrested by the Delhi Police on June 27 for allegedly hurting religious sentiments through one of his tweets.