- 10 Central trade Unions and Farmers organizations observe protests against policies of the government
- Workers issue a list of demands- call for immediate enactment
- The National Platform of Central trade unions along with Sectoral federations/associations call upon the working class to observe 9 August as "SAVE INDIA DAY'
Raipur: As many as 10 central trade unions and farmers’ organizations in Chhattisgarh are observing protests at Raipur Railway station on August 9 against the policies of the government. They have announced to observe the “Quit India Day’ as ‘ Save India Day’ through protests and militant actions in all industrial workplaces and districts and rural headquarters.
BSNL Union Representative INTACH President Sanjay Singh, AITAC General Secretary Harnath Singh, CITU Chairman B Sanyal, General Secretary MK Nandi, Secretary-General Brijendra Tiwari CZIEA General Secretary Dharamraj Mohapatra, Bank Employees Leader Shirish Nalgondwar, HMS Executive Chairman HS Mishra, State and Central Employees Leaders Dinesh Patel, Manik Ram Ram, Ashutosh Singh, Rajendra Singh, Insurance Worker Leader Surendra Sharma, Alexander Tirkey, VSNL leader Bhatt, are some of the leaders who took charge of the protest. They issued scathing allegations over the central government over labour law, mismanagement of COVID-19, contentious farm laws, and privatization of banks. The trade unions demands-
- Withdrawal of the Labour Code.
- Withdrawal of contentious farm law.
- A transfer of Rs 7,500/- to those who are not covered by income tax for the next 6 months|
- Assist the needy families with 10 kg of foodgrains free of cost.
- Guarantee all migrant workers food and living
- Equitable distribution of health services
- Withdrawal of commercial mining policy
- Dismissing the merger of Public sector banks.
- Nullify the reduction of interest rates of PF
- Provide comprehensive security to COVID-warriors.