Sisters Burn Face Celebrating Holi

Story Highlights
  • Two girls mixed colours with sulfuric acid mistaking it with water.
  • The girls complained of burning sensation on application of colours.
  • Are stable after being treated at Multispecialty hospital in Nagpur.

Chinndwara, MP: A case of rare acid burn is reported from Chinndwara. Reportedly, while playing Holi two girls apparently sisters mixed colours with acid mistaken as water.

The incident took place in Ward number 1 of Chinndwara after an 18-year-old  girl applied colour to her younger sister. On complaining of burning sensation, the relatives acting swiftly washed the faces of girls but so no betterment. They were immediately rushed to a private hospital, Pandhurna Hospital, where Dr Akash Karale referred them to a multispeciality hospital in Nagpur. It was then leant that the colours were mistakenly mixed with sulfuric acid- looks like water used in charging batteries.

According to sources, both the girls are now stable and recovering.

Related Articles

Back to top button