State Announces Strict Norms for Chhath Puja Celebrations
- State celebrates Chhatth Puja today.
- Raipur administration gives guidelines for Chatth Puja.
- Crowd instructed to follow COVID behaiviour strictly.
Raipur: The Mahaparv of Chhath Puja is a four-day-long Hindu festival which is celebrated on the sixth day of Kartik Shukla Paksha. This year, Chhath Puja is being celebrated on Wednesday, November 10. With the Chhath puja being celebrated in the state, the Raipur administration has released guidlines for the devotees to abide by and avoid any mass spreader.
As per the guidelines,
- only worshipers are permitted at Chhath places of worship. No children or elderly citizens are permitted to the worship spots.
- It is all mandatory for every person to follow mask protocol and pertain to COVID norms.
- A ban on any kind of procession, meeting or rally during Chhath Puja is being informed.
- Ban on spitting paan, gutkha in Chhath places of worship.
- No setting up if shops or fairs on locations of the Puja. Devotees will allowed only for worship and not for any other programs or activities.
- Devotees were permitted to burst green crackers during Chhath Puja from 6 am to 8 am only.
- All devotees have been strictly instructed to be vaccinated to attend the puja.
- Crowd are restricted from venturing into deep waters.
- As per the orders issued by SC, playinf of instruments or loud music has been banned during the festival.