State Gears up for the Upcoming Panchayat Elections
- State EC issues instructions for updatimg database of all employees in all departments.
- A video session organized by EC on November 12 for training purpose.
- EC released list of guidlines for the upcoming Panchayat elections.
Madhya Pradesh: Preparations for the upcoming Panchayat elections are in full swing in the state. As a part of it, Balaghat Collector and District Election Officer Dr. Girish Kumar Mishra has directed the heads of all the departments to collect the data of their employees for the upcoming urban body and three-level panchayat elections before 26 November 2021.
This announcement by the Senior Officials stems from the uncertainities that have prevailed amidst the pandemic. It is reported that the database of the officers and employees has been fed in the software for the month of March-April 2021, which needs to be updated with time.The Collector and District Election Officer have called for strict action against those who fail to comply with the rules.
On Wednesday, MP State Election Commission informed hosting a meeting cum training on November 12 through video conference from 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM. This event is expected to train individuals who take up the role of RO, ARO in Panchayat election and guide the aspirants on the process of nomination paper presentation, process of scrutiny and symbol allocation, election information, reservation, process of nomination, online nomination amongst few of the election protocols. According to the letter issued by Secretary, Madhya Pradesh State Election Commission BS Jamod, Deputy District Election Officer, Returning Officer, Assistant Returning Officer, District Level Master Trainers, Nodal Officer of Training, Election Superintendent, Local Election will also attend the session.
As per the blueprint of the Panchayat elections 2021, it is reported that votes will be cast through Electronic Voting Machine (EVM) for two posts (Zilla Panchayat Member and Janpad Panchayat Member) and for the post of Panch and Sarpanch.The state election committee released a list of rules for the upcoming Panchayat elections.
- It is mandatory for the candidates of Panch, Sarpanch, Janpad Panchayat and Zilla Panchayat member to present their nomination letter along with the non-due certificate of all the dues payable to the Panchayat.Those who do not submit the due certificate along with the nomination letter, the nomination paper will be cancelled.
- The due certificates may be presented to the Returning Officer concerned for scrutiny of nomination papers in the stipulated date and time.Under this, the due certificate will have to be presented till the financial year preceding the election announcement.
- The no-dues certificate in the prescribed format will be issued to the Gram Panchayat would be given its no due certificate by the Secretary while for the District Panchayat the certificate would be issued by the Chief Executive Officer, Zila Panchayat.
- It will be mandatory for the candidate to attach the no-due certificate of the Panchayat for which the nomination form is being filled, along with the nomination letter.
- For Panchayat elections, it has been decided not to receive nominations for the post of Sarpanch and Panch posts online and the process of nomination such as entry of nomination papers, scrutiny, withdrawal of nominations, ranking and allotment of symbols. IEMS will be done through traditional method (Offline).