- Pandals bigger than 30x45 feet not allowed.
- Bhandara-jagaran banned.
- Permission from SDM mandated to set up a pandal.
Bhopal: In more than 800 public places, Ganesh idols will be enshrined in Bhopal. Due to corona, the pandals were not decorated last year. This time the government has permitted the idols to be erected amidst some restrictions and guidelines. But the pandals are not allowed to be larger than 30×45 feet. Bhandara-Jagran in the pandal is banned. As well as permission from the Sub-District Management is also mandated for the pandal. State authorities issued the following guidelines for engaging a pandal during Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Pandals cannot be made in narrow roads or places.
- Social distancing is mandated and penalty has been announced on flouting the rules.
- No cultural, entertainment or sports events will be allowed in the pandal.
- Guidelines issued by the Supreme Court regarding playing loudspeakers should be followed.
- It is necessary to follow corona guidelines.
- Organizers will have to arrange for sanitizers.
- Masks will be mandatory.
- Idols made of Plaster of Paris can neither be sold nor bought.
The district administration will decide the place for idol immersion in the 10-day Ganeshotsav. Police will make security arrangements at the same time. Permissions are required from the SDM. So far only 200 enquiries for permission have been registered.