Strict Action Against Hearse Incharge: CG Health Minister

Story Highlights
  • A man carried his daughter’s dead body in Lakhanpur on Friday.
  • Family said- took the step due to the delay in the arrival of hearse.
  • The girl was admitted to Lakhanpur CHC on Friday morning after complaining of severe abdominal pain and high fever.

Sarguja, Chhattisgarh: A heart-wrenching incident has come to light after a probe was conducted on a man carrying the body of a 7-year-old  in the Surguja district. Based on preliminary investigation, it is learnt that the man carried the corpse, due to the delay in the arrival of a hearse. As per the instructions by the health minister an enquiry against the in charges has been sorted and strict action including dismissal has been stated.

A video of the man carrying the girl in his arms made rounds on social media. “I saw the video. It was disturbing. I have told the CMHO to take appropriate action after getting the matter probed. I have told him that those who are posted there but are not able to discharge their duties should be removed,” the minister told reporters on Friday after directing the CMHO to probe the matter and take necessary action.

The incident is reported from Lakhanpur where the seven-year-old  Surekha daughter of Ishwardas was admitted to the Community Health Center on Friday morning after she complained of severe abdominal pain and presented high fever for two days.  

According to officials, the girl was administered an injection at the CHC following which her nose started to bleed and within minutes she passed away. “The girl’s oxygen level was very low, around 60. According to her parents, she was suffering from high fever for the last few days. Necessary treatment was initiated but her condition deteriorated and she died around 7:30 am,” said Dr Vinod Bhargav, Rural Medical Assistant (RMA) posted at the health centre as the girl expired.

The health personnel who were on duty should have persuaded the family to wait for the vehicle. They should have ensured such things did not happen,” the minister said after officials claimed they told the family to wait until 9:20 am.

Related Articles

Back to top button