Three Persons Die of Asphyxiation at Brick Kiln in Chhattisgarh

BALRAMPUR; CG: As many as three died due to asphyxiation after inhaling smoke at a brick kiln in CGs Balrapur district. The incident took place at Kotpalli Village of Ganeshmod police station.

As per preliminary findings, the police suspect the three including the brick kiln owner slept on the structure in an inebriated condition and died due to suffocation.

The incident came to the fore on Monday morning as a fellow laborer tried to wake them up. When they did not respond he alerted the villagers who informed the police about the situation. The additional Superintendent of Police immediately reached the spot and sent the bodies for postmortem.

The ASP said- Prima facie the death occurred due to asphyxiation. Further details into the incidentare awaited as a probe is launched.

The deceased have been identified as kiln owner Rajdev Cherwa (28), and workers Banwa Cherwa (42) and Anuj Cherwa (19), he said.

Related Articles

Back to top button