Two Fishermen Die of Electrocution in Mahasamund
- Two out of five died after being electrocuted.
- The shock circulated through an irrigation pump.
- Body sent for post mortem.
Mahasmund, Chattisgarh: Two fishermen were reportedly electrocuted in the district on Saturday while fishing in a Sitali rivulet, police said. The duo died on the spot; the police added. Reportedly 5 men went fishing, out of which two died due to electrocution.
The deceased identified as Sakhu Ram Dhruv (60) and Jeevraj Dhruv (55) sustained electric shock when they went close to a pump set installed in the rivulet near Paterpali village.
“The pump set was installed to irrigate a nearby farm. Three people with the deceased called out for help and some villagers turned off the power supply, but the duo could not be saved. An accidental death case has been registered,” an official in the know said.
The body of the deceased has been sent for post mortem at the district hospital by the Kotwar Police, sources added.