Unlock 2.0: Centre issues new guidelines; relaxes domestic flights, night curfew
- India all set to enter the second phase of the lockdown exit plan i.e. UNLOCK 2.0
- MHA's new guidelines allowed more activities outside Containment Zones
- Domestic flights and passenger trains have already been allowed in a limited manner
INDIA: On Monday, Government of India has announced the commencement of Unlock 2.0 from today till July 31, the second phase of Centre’s lockdown exit plan.
Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Monday (June 29) issued new guidelines for Unlock 2, opening up more activities in areas outside the containment Zones.
The new guidelines, which will come into effect from July 1, 2020, are based on feedback received from states and UTs, and extensive consultations held with related Central Ministries and Departments said a government statement.
Key features of the Unlock 2 guidelines:
- Domestic flights and passenger trains have already been allowed in a limited manner. Their operations will be further expanded in a calibrated manner.
- Lockdown to continue in containment zones till July 31, only essential activities to be allowed.
- Schools, colleges, educational & coaching institutions, International flights, metro rail, cinemas, gyms, pools, religious gatherings among others to remain prohibited till July 31.
- Night Curfew will continue between 10:00 pm and 5:00 am, except for essential activities and other relaxations.
- Wearing of face cover masks compulsory in public places, office, transport.
- Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet
- Large public gatherings remain prohibited
- Spitting, consumption of paan, gutka in public places prohibited
As stipulated in the Unlock 1 guidelines, issued on May 30, 2020, certain activities like religious places and places of worship for the public; hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality services; and shopping malls; have already been allowed to open from June 8, 2020, outside the Containment Zones.