Unlock 3 commences from today; Know State-wise directives for the re-opening of activities
INDIA: From today onwards, Unlock 3 will commenced in the entire nation. The Ministry of Home Affairs, on Wednesday 29 July, issued fresh guidelines, removing night curfew and allowing yoga institutes and gyms to reopen from August 5.
However, Lockdown will continue across the country’s containment zones till 31 August along with “Begin Again Mission” measures going on in the areas that are being opened up.
Along with the announcement, the central government has also told that the states are free to create their own set of rules without diluting the Centre’s instructions.
Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal announced the statewide lockdown till August 31 with ease in restrictions.
- Lockdown to be extended in the state till August 31
- Barbershops, salons, spas will remain open
- Malls and market complexes are allowed to operate from August 5 between 9 am and 7 pm
- Non-essential shops are allowed to function between 9 am to 7 pm
- Theatres, restaurants, food courts in malls & markets to remain shut
- Liquor shops can operate with home delivery options
- Bi-weekly total lockdown will continue on specific dates
- Complete lockdown will continue to impose on Sunday
- Flight operations will remain suspended on August 5, 8, 16, 17, 23, 24, and 31.
- Hotels are allowed to reopen following the strict guidelines of social distancing, wear of face mask etc.
- Gyms are remain shut in the national capital
Tamil Nadu COVID-19 lockdown across the State was being extended till August 31 with fresh relaxations. It will observe complete lockdown across the State with strict restrictions on all Sundays next month – August 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30.
The Mizoram government on Friday extended state-wide partial lockdown till August 31 to prevent further spread of the coronavirus, as per a notification issued on Friday.
Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has announced that the lockdown will remain intact till 15 august.
Nagaland has extended the complete lockdown till 7th August due to surge in fresh cases of COVID-19.
Jammu and Kashmir’s Kathua is the second district after Jammu to witness complete lockdown in weekend for an indefinite period. The restrictions will begin at 5 pm on all Fridays and will last till 6 am on Mondays.
The Bihar government extended the lockdown in the urban areas till August 16. According to the new guidelines, there are additional restrictions imposed all across the state.
Meanwhile, The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) has extended the ban on international scheduled flight operations till August 31.