Uproar in House; Budget Sessions Adjourned Sine Dine
- MP budget session began on 7th March.
- A budget of Rs 2,79,237 lakh crore was tabled for FY 22-23.
- The MP Cabinet was the first to present a separate budget for children.
Bhopal: The Budget session of the state Legislative on Wednesday which commenced on 7th March has been adjourned sine dine today.
The adjournment came amidst the ruckus where MLA Suresh Raje and Manoj Chawla staged a protest lying down in the Asandi while several of them sloganeered. Meanwhile, acting Congress Presiden Jitu Patwari also boycotted Governor’s address. The budget of Rs 2,79,237 lakh crore for FY 2022-23 was presented by Finance Minister Jagdish Devda. It was for the first time in the country, a cabinet presented a separate Budget for the development of children in the state.
Highlights from the Budget session 2022-23:
- No new Tax impositions announced.
- Fiscal deficit of GDP is 4.5%.
- Industrial parks will be set up at Bagrod and Berasia in Bhopal.
- Burhanpur becomes the first district to provide tapwater to every house.
- Solar plants will be set up in Sagar, Shajapur, Ujjain.
- One lakh metric tonnes of storage capacity will be developed for horticulture crops.
- Door to door veterinary service to start in the state.
- Rs 50 crore has been proposed for Chief Minister Fisheries Scheme.
- 13000 teachers to be appointed.
- 11 new industrial areas to be established opening more than 11 thousand employment opportunities will be developed.
- A total of 217 Electronic Vehicle Charging Stations in Bhopal, Indore and Jabalpur will be developed on Public Private Partnership model.
- 22 new medical colleges in Sheopur, Rajgarh, Mandla, Seoni, Singrauli, Neemuch, Mandsaur, Damoh and other districts will be opened. 1215 seats for MBBS and Nursing courses will be increased.
- Dearness Allowance will be increased from 20% to 31%. Around 5.5 lakh state government employees will benefit from this.